Python is a dynamic programming language of general purpose. The language has code readability that supports multiple programming paradigms. Python can manage memories using automatic functionalities.
Being procedural and object-oriented as a programming language, Python is used for developing and managing apps for AI and other advanced technologies. Python has a wide range of modules and libraries. In this post, we will discuss the audio library in python in detail.
So, let’s find out more about some of the useful python audio libraries.
Libraries for manipulating audio
- Audio read: Audio read is the most useful audio library in python for cross-library (GStreamer + Core Audio + MAD + FFmpeg) audio decoding. With this library, audio files can be decoded using the backend. Buffers in the file contain raw 16-bit little-endian-signed PCM data. The additional values in the form of fields are available in the audio file object.
- Dejavu: Another audio library in python is Dejavu that used for audio fingerprinting and recognition. Based on the algorithms, this library records songs using a microphone or from the disc and compares the fingerprints stored in the database.
- Kapre: Audio pre-processor can determine STFT, ISTFT, Melspectrogram, and various other GPU real-time.
- Librosa: Librosa is one of the popular python packages for music and audio analysis. This package is best for developing blocks that are required to create music information retrieval systems.
- Matchering: It is a novel application that is mainly used for audio matching and mastering. Audio files can be fed into Matching. It matches the algorithm of both tracks and provides a mastered target track.
- Mingus: It is a highly advanced and cross-platform package having music theory and notation for Python. It is used along with MIDI file and playback support. The mostly used python audio library, Mingus builds editors’ educational tools and many other applications for music purposes.
- pyAudioAnalysis: An audio library in python, pyAudioAnalysis covers audio analysis tasks of a wide range. This library is useful in extracting audio features and detecting audio events that perform unsupervised segmentations.
- Pydub: It manages the audio recordings and converts them into presentable formats. It works on several dependencies.
- TimeSide: It is a Python framework that can make high and low audio analyses. It can also involve the processes such as image streaming labeling and transcoding. The high-level API can be useful in processing large datasets of audio or video assets. It also has a scalable back and an extensible web front.
- Beets: Beets is a well-designed media library management system. It is highly useful for music lovers. This Python Metadata allows you to collect the music of your choice just for once. The collection can be displayed in the form of a catalog by automatically adding its metadata.
- eyeD3: It mainly works on audio files and MP3-type files. EyeD3 is a powerful Python tool to be used on audio files along with metadata informing of song information.
- Mutagen: It is one of the Python modules handling audio metadata. Mutagen supports various music formats such as ASF, MP4, FLAC, MP3, and many others.
- Tiny tag: This python audio library is used for reading music metadata. The tiny tag consists of music metadata for music files of different formats, including MP3, OGG, FLAC, and Wave files.
Needless to say, Python libraries are a set of useful functions to perform various tasks without having to write their own code. These python libraries play an important role in developing data manipulation apps, used in Data Analysis, Machine Learning, Data Science, Data Visualization, and so on. Thus, it is important for Python developers to learn and know the importance of the python library.