In light of the intensifying use of containers in businesses, the container-centric Kubernetes platform for software development has taken over as the industry standard for deploying and managing containerized applications. It can be difficult to install, deploy, and scale containerized apps and microservices with Kubernetes (K8s), though.
Additionally, there aren’t a lot of seasoned K8s engineers despite the Kubernetes community’s continued expansion. This blog’s objective is to introduce you to the top trending Kubernetes tools so you can decide which one perfectly corresponds to your business requirements.
List of High-Grossing Tools for Kubernetes Platform for Software Development
- Kubecost: One of the best cost management and optimization tools, Kubecost lends you the merit of real-time cost transparency and interpretations. Hence, aiding you in constantly bringing down your cloud costs.
- Okteto: With Okteto, you get on-deck pre-configured Dev environments that enable your developers to develop and launch applications straight away on the cloud.
- Helm: As a package manager for Kubernetes, Helm allows you to interpret, download, and update Kubernetes apps. Hence, also proves to be one of the ideal command-line tools for your business.
- Ansible Kubespray: This cluster management tool incorporates provisioning tools, inventory, Ansible playbooks, and domain databases for handling Kubernetes clusters for your organization.
- Contour: This is a revved-up ingress controller for K8s. Being one of the top-grossing service mesh tools, this is employed as the control plane for Envoy (high-geared load balancer) and L7 proxy.
- Flagger: Flagger is a CI/CD, Storage, and Networking Tool that estimates KPIs such as HTTP requests success rate, average request duration, and pod health before moving traffic to the canary.
- Kubewatch: Bitnami Labs’ Kubewatch is an Events Watcher And Handlers Trigger tool. It monitors loads of distinct resources, from releases and replication controllers to tenacious volumes and ingress controllers.
- Kured: Kured practices safe reboots when induced by an underlying OS’s package. This test solution tool lets you keep an eye out for reboot sentinel files or commands that operate well.
- Kamus: Kamus is a zero-trust GitOps secrets encryption and decryption tool for Kubernetes applications. This security tool allows you to encrypt secret values so you can commit them to source control.
5 Key Considerations to Invest in Only The Ideal Kubernetes Platform For Software Development
- Look out for a production-ready platform: You may instantly leverage highly autonomous functionality with a platform that is ready for production, thereby avoiding the flare-ups of setup and configuration. Resultantly, your apps will also enjoy the benefits of high scalability and all-time availability.
- Go for a comprehensively compatible platform: Containers are replacing virtualized infrastructure in many enterprises. Choose such a Kubernetes-driven platform that you can orchestrate and administer over both containers and virtual machines to assist with this shift.
- Opt for a scalable and future-friendly platform: Using Kubernetes, businesses may abstract different clouds and data centers to create a scalable shared infrastructure. Ensure that your Kubernetes platform can manage such effective configuration and scalability features.
- Prioritize a platform with simple management: Automatic tracking and notifications concerning events, problems, statuses, and alerts are provided when you have an incredibly simple-to-operate platform. You may utilize this information to make choices right away.
- Choose a platform with a 24/7 support system: Pick a provider that offers support and assistance around-the-clock as this could greatly speed up your Kubernetes deployment.
Stay Advanced With These Prime Strategies for Kubernetes Platform for Software Development
- Rolling Update Deployment: A rolling deployment gradually substitutes elements of an application’s older edition with cases of its revamped model. There are two additional choices while utilizing the RollingUpdate technique that allows us to customize the update procedure namely, maxSurge and maxUnavailable.
- Recreate Deployment: When it comes to a recreate deployment strategy, the old application edition is completely scaled back even before the latest application version is expanded.
- Red/Black Deployment: This deployment method, often known as a blue/green deployment approach, only permits one version to be active at once. The existing application version is represented in blue, and the latest fresh application version is displayed in green.
- Canary Update Strategy: We can evaluate our new program version on actual users with the canary deployment, a fractional update procedure, before committing to a complete release. When structuring a canary deployment, we must consider a variety of factors, including the number of stages, duration, metrics, and evaluation.
Tried & Tested Ways to Improve Cluster Efficiency for Kubernetes Platform for Software Development
Emphasize creating resource limitations, using optimal and lightweight docker images, and launching clusters closest to your clients to improve Kubernetes throughput.
- Logically decide on resource limits: Any pods will be randomly allocated to a node if you don’t specify resource limits for your containers in the Kubernetes scheduler. A better scenario is when different components of your program need varying quantities of resources to function.
- Employ only advanced and lightweight container images: When optimized, Kubernetes can instantly retrieve images from the database and launch apps to the cloud more rapidly.
- Release Kubernetes clusters in the client’s vicinity: One should place the Kubernetes nodes close to the clients’ vicinity to improve user experience. Cloud providers typically offer a number of geographical locations, enabling system administrators to set up Kubernetes clusters.
Picking the right tool is crucial for effective monitoring and sound systems. A few of the tools mentioned above allow you to manage, debug, and trace in addition to monitoring. Monitoring is evolving and now incorporates fresh concepts like traceability. Due to this, the advent of container orchestration tools and new designs like microservices.
Invest in the most-suitable Kubernetes platform for software development by considering the key points mentioned above. Or, you may reach out to us, where one of our Kubernetes experts could help you through all your doubts and challenges.