What is Virtual Reality?
A fake 3D image or environment which is computer-generated, is interacted within an apparently real or physical way, by a person using special electronic equipment.
Let us understand VR in simple terms
An artificial environment which is created using a software and presented to the user in such a manner that the user believes and accepts it as a real environment.
Electronic Equipment’s be like
Head Mounted Display(HMD)/ Helmet with a screen inside
Gloves Fitted with sensors
Virtual Reality in brief
Virtual Reality is primarily experienced in two of the five senses: Sound and Sight.
It can be divided into 2 types:
- The stimulation of a real environment for training and education.
- The development of an imagined environment for a game or imagined story.
Virtual Reality Modelling Language(VRML) is used by the developer to specify images and the rules to display them and their interaction using textual language statements.
What is VRML?
It is a language used for describing 3D image sequences and all the possible user interaction to go with them.
It is useful in web settings where you can build a sequence of visual images using which a user can interact by viewing, moving, rotating and so on…
A room can be viewed by you and controls can be used to move the room as if you yourself are moving in the room.
Market Size Prediction in 2017
Key Adapters of Virtual Reality
- VR Headsets V2: You will see a wide amount of adoption of Google Daydream View.
- Same game new players
- More than just Sound and Vision. More inputs are expected for touch and smell.
- VC VR Investment. It transitions from ‘Nice-to-have” piece of tech to “Must Own” over a year is likely to generate lot of revenue.
- Strategic Alliance form
- VR goes Mainstream. Anyone with a Smartphone will have access to VR content.
- Hollywood goes VR
- VR developer in demand
- VR will slide into everyday lives
Brands using Virtual Reality
- City Planning
- Executive Meetings
- Alternate Living
- Military & Law Enforcement
Specimen of Virtual Reality
- Xfinity & Nascar
- Expedia and many more